Wild Earth hosts many events such as: Microsanctuary & Homestead Tour--learn how to turn your backyard into a space for rescued animals and abundant vegan gardens (by arrangement, $15 donation), Vegan Permaculture Design Courses, various classes, workshops, and lectures, and (soon to come) Vegan Farm Weddings! Join our mailing list to be sure to stay up-to-date on the current happenings on the farm. Also, check out our social media sites listed at the bottom of the page for interesting articles, useful information and beautiful pictures. Follow us on Facebook for more event announcements.
Wild Earth Summer Tours and Volunteer Days
On our Microsanctuary & Homestead Tour, you can spend an hour learning how to turn your backyard into a space for rescued animals and abundant organic vegan permaculture gardens. You will learn the stories of our rescued farmed animals, alternatives to industrial food systems (such as veganic growing), as well as about rainwater harvesting, composting, no-till gardening, hugelkultur, swales, food forestry, and herb spirals.
- Saturday, August 11, 2018
- Adult: $15
- Student / Senior / Low Income: $10
- Child under 5 years: free
- Child over 5 years: $5
- Family of 4 or more: $30
- Free for volunteering on same day for 4 hours
- Ask about our group rates or to schedule a private tour on another date
Volunteer Days (same days as tours)
- 11am -noon: Tour of the farm
- noon-1pm: Lunch (pack a vegan picnic lunch) or hike on our nature trail
- 1-5pm: Volunteer for the animals!
- 5pm: Potluck (please bring a vegan dish to share)
Guests are encouraged to bring raw fruits and veggies or vegan dog and cat treats to feed the animals: lettuce for the ducks, watermelon, apples and carrots for the pigs.
Please RSVP for tours and volunteer days and get directions by emailing WildEarthFarm@gmail.com. Tourists, feel free to bring a vegan picnic lunch for after your tour or hike on our nature trail! Volunteers, please bring a water bottle, hat, gloves, sunscreen, bug spray, closed-toed shoes and a friend. Sorry, we cannot accommodate companion animals.
Mike N. Durshmid Permaculture Garden Grand Opening and Dedication
- Saturday, June 8, 2019
- All Day: Arrive at the Farm
- 3-7pm: Volunteer at the Sanctuary, including building a mini greenhouse that Mike started
- 7 - ?pm: Bonfire and Camp out on the farm (please bring a vegan dish to cook over the fire as well as musical instruments)
Sunday, June 9, 2019
- 10-11am: Tour of homestead/microsanctuary/solar array
- 11am-1pm: Memorial Garden Dedication
- 1-2pm: Vegan Potluck Lunch
- 2-6pm: Volunteer on the sanctuary
Please RSVP at WildEarthFarm@gmail.com to get address, directions, and suggested packing list.
- Thursday, April 19, 2018: Tabling at EKU’s Earth Day Festival, Ravine and Keen Johnson building plaza, EKU campus, Richmond, KY
- December 9-10, 2017: Peoples Harvest Forum, San Francisco, CA. Presenting "Diversifying Resources Beyond Conventional Currency: permaculture and non centralized trade" talk on Sunday.
- October 7, 2017: Lexington VegFest, Come visit us at our table!, Lexington, KY
- September 23, 2017: Chicago VeganMania, Come visit us at our table! Chicago, IL
- September 21, 2017: Permaculture Workshop, Garden Time Herb Club, Irvine, KY
- August 27, 2017: Triangle Veg Fest, Vendor Day: Come visit us at our table! Durham, NC
- August 26, 2017: Triangle Veg Fest, Panel Discussion: From Soil to Body: How it Affects You, Durham, NC
- August 26, 2017: Bluegrass VegFest, Come visit us at our table! Louisville, KY
- August 25, 2017: Berea First Fridays, Nonprofit Spotlight: Come visit us at our table! Berea, KY
- July 28, 2017: Wild Earth Alumni Harvest Gathering, Wild Earth-Irvine, KY
- July 16-July 27, 2017: Vegan Permaculture Design Course, Wild Earth-Irvine, KY
- November 19, 2016: Compassionate Harvest Feast: A Night to Benefit Wild Earth Sanctuary, Arya Bhavan, Chicago,IL
- October 17-19, 2016: Restoration Agriculture with Mark Shepard, Wild Earth-Irvine, KY
- October 15-16, 2016: Mushroom Cultivation with Fungi Ally, Wild Earth-Irvine KY
- October 14, 2016: Wild Earth Alumni Harvest Gathering, Wild Earth-Irvine, KY
- October 1, 2016: Chicago Vegan Mania, Chicago, IL (tabling)
- October 1, 2016: Lexington Veg Fest, Lexington, KY (speaking engagement and tabling)
- October 1-13, 2016: Vegan Permaculture Design Certificate Course, Wild Earth-Irvine, KY
- December 5-6 2015: "Cultivating Voluntary Relationships: Animal Liberation, Community Building, and Regenerative Options", People's Harvest Forum-San Francisco, CA
- October 11 2015 Benefit Dinner at Arya Bhavan, Chicago, IL
- October 10 2015: Panel Discussion and Booth at Chicago VeganMania, Chicago, IL
- October 7 2015: "Permaculture for Kids", Estill Homeschool Group Irvine, KY
- October 3-4 2015: "Compost Making", "Fermenting", and "Permaculture" mini-classes, Know-It-All Festival, Berea and Richmond, KY
- September 17, 2015: "The Big (Bad) Food System", Plowshares Community, Winchester, KY
- August 20-23, 2015: "Voluntary Relationships and Permaculture", Radicle Gathering, Oakland, KY
- July 9-12, 2015: "Intro to Vegan Permaculture", Whippoorwill Festival, Berea, KY
- June 20-July 2, 2015: "Vegan Permaculture Design Certificate Course", Wild Earth -Irvine, KY
- May 17, 2015: "Vegan Permaculture in Practice", Vegan Earth, Cincinnati, OH